En “Deje Que Los Alimentos Sean Su Medicina”, el Dr. Colbert presenta un método revolucionario de desintoxicación de azúcar, combinado con una forma antiinflamatoria de la dieta mediterránea modificada que resuelve un amplio espectro de enfermedades, como diabetes, enfermedades cardíacas, demencia, cáncer y osteoartritis. Solo imagine: entender cómo la comida por sí sola puede producir claridad mental, peso equilibrado y longevidad. Incluye planes de comidas y recetas.
Most of us think God is not concerned with what we eat, but the Bible actually offers great insight and instruction about the effects of food on our bodies. In Let Food be Your Medicine, Dr. Colbert introduces a revolutionary sugar detox method, combined with an anti-inflammatory form of the modified Mediterranean diet that resolves a broad spectrum of diseases, including diabetes, heart disease, dementia, cancer, and osteoarthritis. Just imagine – understanding how food alone can produce mental clarity, balanced weight, and longevity. Includes meal plans and recipes.
In Dressing on the Side, Jaclyn London — head of Nutrition and Wellness at WW and former Nutrition Director of Good Housekeeping — debunks the diet myths and mental blocks that keep you from reaching your health and weight-loss goals. Filled with accessible information, simple strategies, and practical application of scientific research, London breaks what’s at the heart of the issue and offers tools, short-cuts, and solutions that work within any scenario, including:
- Using your schedule to inform your food choices
- Identifying “fake” nutrition news
- Eating to feel satisfied, not just “full”
- Making the choice to eat dessert — daily
- How to maximize the effectiveness of your vitamins/supplements and avoid problems by taking them in the right combinations
- New anti-aging vitamins and supplements that will keep your skin and body healthy and young-looking
- The art of personalizing your dietary regimen to fit your lifestyle, your health profile, and even your job
- Natural alternatives to hormone replacement therapy (HRT), Viagra, Prozac, and Valium
- Expanded sections on nutraceuticals, homeopathy, and aromatherapy, and how to find the best practitioners in these fields
- Healing regimens for heart patients, stroke victims, diabetics, and arthritis sufferers
- New warnings about dangerous drug interactions and “miracle cures”
- Plus! Expanded sections on herbal teas and tinctures, beauty aids, diets, salt and sugar intake, and new ways to boost your energy level, fertility, and sex life.
These days, fewer people than ever are cooking meals at home. Convincing ourselves that we don’t have time to cook, we’ve forgotten how fast, simple, and wonderfully satisfying it can be to prepare delicious meals in our own kitchens for the people we love. In Fast Food, Good Food, bestselling author Dr. Andrew Weil reminds us, with more than 150 easy-to-prepare recipes for delectable dishes that are irresistibly tasty and good for you.
These recipes showcase fresh, high-quality ingredients and hearty flavors, like Buffalo Mozzarella Bruschetta, Five-Spice Winter Squash Soup, Greek Style Kale Salad, Pappardelle with Arugula Walnut Pesto, Pan-Seared Halibut with Green Harissa, Coconut Lemon Bars, and Pomegranate Margaritas. With guidance on following an anti-inflammatory diet and mouth-wateringly gorgeous photographs, Fast Food, Good Food will inspire the inner nutritionist and chef in every reader.
“Isn’t [Pamela] amazing? I couldn’t boil water and now I regularly make dinner for my family.” — Jenni Kayne, fashion designer
Most of us think God is not concerned with what we eat, but the Bible actually offers great insight and instruction about the effects of food on our bodies. Dr. Colbert introduces a revolutionary sugar detox method, combined with an anti-inflammatory form of the modified Mediterranean diet that resolves a broad spectrum of diseases, including diabetes, heart disease, dementia, cancer, and osteoarthritis. Just imagine – understanding how food alone can produce mental clarity, balanced weight, and longevity. Includes meal plans.
A type of yeast that grows in the human body, candida’s overgrowth is at the root of health problems, from chronic fatigue and digestion disorders to skin conditions and allergies; health professionals are calling it a hidden epidemic. Living Candida-Free offers a complete exploration of this condition and an expansive approach for anyone wishing to follow an anti-candida diet. A comprehensive guidebook filled with practical, realistic strategies for living a life free of refined sugar, Living Candida-Free includes:
- A three-stage program
- Tips on how to transition to eating the anti-candida way
- Information on herbal supplements and treatments
- A full list of ingredient substitutions
- 100 delicious, satisfying recipes that anyone can prepare
Juicing is the perfect way to cleanse your body with living enzymes, mineral-rich hydration, and easy-to-absorb nutrients. Many experts agree that juicing is a great way to get more fruits and vegetables into your diet — but store-bought juices can be expensive and laden with extra sugar. With 101 recipes emphasizing superfoods and special health-promoting ingredients, Skinny Juices is your go-to guide covering all the basics:
how to choose the right juicer for your lifestyle
detailed information on superfood ingredients
list of foods to juice for specific nutrients
customizable detox plan
tips for saving money and juicing on a budget
nutritional information for each recipe
With 101 recipes for juices dedicated to cleansing and detox, weight loss, anti-aging, digestive health, and super immunity, Skinny Juices is an easy, delicious guide to health, vitality, and overall wellness.