- Stir-Fried Chicken with Snap Peas and Basil
- Cacio e Pepe
- No-Sear Lamb or Beef and Chickpea Stew
- Somali Chicken Soup
- Roasted Cauliflower with Miso Glaze
- French Apple Cake
- And Central Mexican Guacamole and Israeli Hummus — classics with a twist!
- Pasta with Shrimp and Browned Butter
- West African Peanut Chicken
- Red Lentil Soup
- Scallion Noodles
- Open-Faced Omelet with Fried Dill and Feta
- Greek Bean and Avocado Salad
- And for dessert: Spiced Strawberry Compote with Greek Yogurt or Ice Cream
- Miso-Ginger Chicken Salad
- Rigatoni Carbonara with Ricotta
- Vietnamese Meatball Lettuce Wraps
- Peanut-Sesame Noodles
- White Balsamic Chicken with Tarragon
- Seared Strip Steak with Almond-Rosemary Salsa Verde
- Chocolate-Tahini Pudding
For more than twenty-five years, Christopher Kimball has delivered delicious and easy recipes for home cooks. Now, with his team of cooks and editors at Milk Street, he promises that a new approach in the kitchen can elevate the quality of your cooking far beyond anything you thought possible.
Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street, the first cookbook connected to Milk Street’s public television show, delivers more than 125 new recipes full of timesaving cooking techniques arranged by type of dish: from grains and salads to simple dinners and twenty-first-century desserts.
At Milk Street, there are no long lists of hard-to-find ingredients, strange cookware, or all-day methods. Deliver big flavors without learning a new culinary language with these mouthwatering dishes: Skillet-Charred Brussels sprouts, Japanese fried chicken, Rum-soaked chocolate cake, Thai-style coleslaw, Mexican chicken soup
These recipes are more than delicious. They teach a simpler, bolder, healthier way to cook that will change your cooking forever. And cooking will become an act of pure pleasure, not a chore.
Welcome to the new home cooking. Welcome to Milk Street.
- Vegetables shine on center stage in dozens of hearty vegetarian mains and sides like Potato and Green Pea Curry and Eggplant, Tomato, and Chickpea Tagine.
- From Risotto with Sausage and Arugula to steel-cut oats and polenta, get slow-cooking grains on the table fast — no standing and stirring required.
- Beans cooked from scratch now join the weeknight lineup. Skip the overnight soak and load up on flavor in dishes like Black Beans with Bacon and Tequila.
- One-pot pastas mean more flavor and less cleanup. Cook Lemony Orzo with Chicken and Arugula right in the sauce — no boiling, no draining, no problem.
- Cook chicken with a new world of flavor, from Chicken in Green Mole to Chicken Soup with Bok Choy and Ginger.
- Transform tough cuts of pork into everyday ingredients — from Filipino Pork Shoulder Adobo and Hoisin-Glazed Baby Back Ribs to Carnitas with Pickled Red Onions.
- Make beef affordable by coaxing cheap (but flavorful) cuts to tenderness. Even all-day pot roasts and Short Rib Ragu become Tuesday night-friendly with little hands-on effort.
- Charred Broccoli with Japanese-Style Toasted Sesame Sauce (Rule No. 9: Beat Bitterness by Charring)
- Lentils with Swiss Chard and Pomegranate Molasses (Rule No. 18: Don’t Let Neutral Ingredients Stand Alone)
- Bucatini Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Sage (Rule No. 23: Get Bigger Flavor from Supermarket Tomatoes)
- Soft-Cooked Eggs with Coconut, Tomatoes, and Spinach (Rule No. 39: Steam, Don’t Boil, Your Eggs)
- Pan-Seared Salmon with Red Chili-Walnut Sauce (Rule No. 44: Stick with Single-Sided Searing)
- Curry-Coconut Pot Roast (Rule No. 67: Use Less Liquid for More Flavor)
- Tenderize tough greens quickly
- Create creamy textures without using dairy
- Incorporate yogurt into baked goods
- Trade time-consuming marinades for quick, bright finishing sauces, and more
Featuring every recipe from every episode of the show, this cookbook is the perfect kitchen companion for every occasion and the ultimate guide to high-quality and low-effort cuisine.
Packed with creative, comforting flavors and prepared with simple and smart techniques, these recipes are instant classics. You’ll get to enjoy dozens of delectable dishes, such as: Thai Fried Rice, Cacio e Pepe, Charred Brussels Sprouts, Harissa Roasted Potatoes, Cape Malay Chicken Curry, and even Central Mexican Guacamole and Israeli Hummus — classics with a twist!
Organized by type of dish — from salads, soups, grains, and vegetable sides to simple dinners and 21st-century desserts — this cookbook will deliver big flavors fast and change the way you cook forever.
Welcome to the new home cooking. Welcome to Milk Street.
· Keep It Brief
· Don’t Bash Your Ex
· Have Others Sing Your Praises
· Play Hard to Get
· Keep the Fire Alive
· Be Willing to Walk Away
Among other topics, Nicole dishes on how much to reveal at work as well as what to put up with from your boss (and, more importantly, what not to). She tackles everything from having the money talk to leaving them wanting more on a job interview. And sprinkled throughout GIRL ON TOP is fashion advice (“Top Ten Commandments of Style”) and checklists to determine if you need to get a life.
Nicole’s keen insight and candid advice will teach you how to recognize the good guys from the bad, win the kudos of those who matter, and create the career of your dreams.
Praise for GIRL ON TOP:
“Nicole Williams is both frank and funny. She’s full of witty advice that’s not only relatable-but doable-for the girl who’s just getting started or the woman, like me, who’s on her second time around in the career game.
Here’s my advice to you about GIRL ON TOP: Read it. Laugh. Learn.”
-Veronica Webb, model
“Only Nicole can make career this much fun. Sassy, relevant and packed with great advice. It’s a must-read for any woman looking to get ahead.”
-Liz Lange, founder, Liz Lange Maternity
“GIRL ON TOP is a sensational book. In the most delightful and hilarious way, Nicole Williams serves up loads of excellent advice for anyone wanting to get ahead.”
-Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen, producers, Milk
“Every girl should have this-the little black book for career success!”
-Susan Cohn Rockefeller, author, Green at Work
“GIRL ON TOP is a fabulous read. It’s chock full of actionable insights and laugh out loud advice for any woman (of any age) who is serious about getting to the top of her career. I highly recommend it.”
-Julie Cottineau, vice president brand, Virgin USA
And who is being held accountable? Government regulation and red tape run amok in Washington, and honest, tax-paying citizens are the victims of an administration’s misuse and abuse of power. Now, Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, takes an in-depth look at the legislation that is trampling the rights of ordinary citizens, strangling their ability to conduct private, everyday activities without egregious government interference. He highlights outrageous searches, seizures and arrests, and points to thousands of regulations that have been added to the books since Obama took office. Most importantly, he charts a direction out of this mess, and toward renewed freedom for all Americans.
These stories are of everyday Americans badgered and harassed by their own government—the very institution that is supposed to serve us all. This gross breach of our constitution is as frightening as it is real, and GOVERNMENT BULLIES is a call to action against it.