Pin it to Win It!
Enter for a chance to win: Jane Mount painting your ideal bookshelf.
1. “Follow” the Little,Brown Pinterest Page at http://pinterest.com/littlebrown175
2. Repin the book cover image of “My Ideal Bookshelf” or any one of the other Ideal Bookshelves featured in the book and hashtag it #myidealbookshelf.
3. Send an email with your first and last name, complete mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime phone number, email address, and URL linking directly to your pinning of the My Ideal Bookshelf cover and/or images to email@example.com. All entrants must have a valid email address. Entrants must continue to keep the Cover or chosen Ideal Bookshelf image pinned to their Pinterest pages through the Promotion Period, or until December 7 (Sweepstakes will be from October 10 to November 27. But for purposes of this sweeps, we’ll need an extended period so we can confirm the winners).
4. At the end of the period, all participants will be included in a pool for a random draw. The grand prize winner will be asked to submit a list of 8 – 10 books they’d like on their ideal bookshelf, which Jane Mount will paint for them. Four more winners will be selected to win a signed copy of “My Ideal Bookshelf” by Jane Mount and Thessaly LaForce.
Complete rules below.
MY IDEAL BOOKSHELF
PIN IT TO WIN IT SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Promotion may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Promotion is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States.
1.How to Enter. To enter My Ideal Bookshelf Sweepstakes (“Promotion”), you must have a Pinterest account, “follow” the Little Brown Pinterest Page at http://pinterest.com/littlebrown175, “re-pin” the cover of My Ideal Bookshelf or any one of the 3 other Ideal Bookshelves featured in the book (“Cover”) from the LB175 Page to your own page and include the hashtag #myidealbookshelf.
Send an email with your first and last name, complete mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime phone number, email address, and URL linking directly to your pinning of the Cover to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entrants must have a valid email address. Entrants must continue to keep the Cover or chosen Ideal Bookshelf image pinned to their Pinterest pages through December 7, 2012.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of prizes requires a street address (no P.O. Boxes). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Hachette Book Group, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Promotion materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Start/End Dates. Promotion begins at 12:01 AM ET on October 10, 2012 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on November 27, 2012.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. Winner(s) will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about November 29, 2012. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Drawing will be conducted by Hachette Group or its authorized vendor. By entering the Promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
5. Prizes: One (1) grand prize is available. The grand prize consists of an original painting of the grand prize winner’s own Ideal Bookshelf by Jane Mount. The grand prize winner will be asked to provide 8-10 book titles (the “Titles”) for inclusion in the painting. The painting will be approximately 8”x10" and unframed. Subject to unforeseen events and delays, the painting will be completed approximately 8-10 weeks from the date that the grand prize winner sends Sponsor the Titles in writing. Jane Mount may or may not contact grand prize winners directly to discuss the specifics of the painting.
Four (4) runner-up prizes are available. Each runner-up prize consists of one (1) copy of the book My Ideal Bookshelf signed by Jane Mount and Thessaly LaForce.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $300.00. The ARV of each runner-up prize is $30.00. Total ARV of all prizes combined is $420.00.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winners. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
6. Notification. Winners will be notified by phone or email on or around December 4, 2012 and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 7 days of prize notification. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Liability/Publicity Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. If any winner cannot be contacted within 7 days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Promotion rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person or household.
7. Conditions. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Participation in Promotion constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Promotion or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Pinterest, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this promotion in any way shall be disqualified. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
8. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE PROMOTION, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE PROMOTION. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS PROMOTION AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. List of Winners/Winner’s Name. To obtain a list of winners/the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within six (6) weeks after the end date of the Promotion: Hachette Book Group, Inc., 237 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017, Attn: AB 16-161C.
12. Sponsor. Hachette Book Group, Inc., 237 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017.
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Pinterest. If you have any questions about this Promotion, please contact Sponsor and not Pinterest. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Pinterest.